By doing regular maintenance on your robotic mower will allow you to maintain a properly working device and extend the life span of the product. In the following video we will go through the steps on how to clean and maintain the robotic mower. It is important to remove any grass and dirt build up which can affect the components durability. Tips on battery storage and how to properly switch off the mower will also be provided.
- Multi purpose cleaning agent
- Industrial vacuum cleaner / air compressor
- Locking ring pliers for E Lock ring
- Phillips screwdriver / drill
1) Take in your mower, charging station, and transformer/extension cord. We recommended storing the following items inside over winter!
2) Clean the top part of the charging station and if need be, the inside of the charging station as well in case dirt or bugs has gotten inside. Use a multi surface cleaning agent and wipe clean and store the charging station in a dry ventilated environment.
3) First step before cleaning the robotic mower is to make sure the robot is turned off with the main switch under the carry handle and that the battery has been fully charged. To clean the robotic lawn mower, take away the height adjustment. Proceed to take away the cover and use pliers to take away the locking ring.
4) Place the mower upside down and take away the four small screws holding the lid located at the front of the mower where the signal box is.
5) Next step is to take away the four screws where the crash sensors and lift sensors are located, attaching the shell to the body. Once all the screws are loosened the robot’s body and shell unit can be taken apart.
6) Usually there is a lot of grass built up between the body and shell unit and the best way to remove the built-up grass is to use an industrial vacuum cleaner or an air compressor.
7) Once the grass is removed, a small amount of multi surface cleaning agent can be used to further remove dirt and grass along with a brush. The brush and cleaning agent can also be used on the shell unit and finish the cleaning by wiping the mower clean with a cloth.
8) Place the body in the shell and fasten all the screws. When fastening the screws above the crash and lift sensor use a screwdriver and tighten gradually so the sensors do not get twisted. You may need to shift the body a bit so that the sensors fall into the right place.
9) Change the blades and screws if necessary and store the mower in a dry and ventilated environment with a stable temperature between 15 – 30 degrees Celsius. You can find new ones here.
10) After three months in storage, charge up the battery again to keep the voltage high and the cells balanced. Once the mower is fully charged make sure to power off the mower using the main switch underneath the carry handle.